Statement of Faith
- We believe there is only one God, existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God, meant for the instruction and inspiration of mankind.
- We believe that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. This original sin separates us from God and sets us on a path to eternal separation from God in Hell.
- The only path back to God is to receive forgiveness from our sins through the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross. This is a free gift from God.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His atoning death, and His bodily resurrection. We believe He will personally return in power and glory.
- We believe in a literal seven-day creation, as written in the book of Genesis.
- We believe that humankind was created male and female, in the image of God.
- We believe that sexual intimacy is meant to be within the safe, holy bounds of marriage between a man and a woman, and that within those boundaries, sexual pleasure is good and healthy.
- We believe that human life begins at the moment of conception and that all life, regardless of disability, illness, or any other man-made qualifiers, is valuable and precious.
- We believe that no sin is any worse than another.
- We believe that there is hope for all men and women to turn and seek God.
In Light of This, Our Stories:
- Gently and accurately depict sins and tragedies in the lives of our characters.
- Choose to show the light while not attempting to wish the darkness away by ignoring it.
- Refuse to portray a “perfect” or “sinless” character.
- Have a meaning and purpose through a strong theme.
- Never shy away from portraying things that are not generally accepted by a Christian audience for the purpose of pleasing readers.
However, Let Us Not Remain In Darkness
- Due to personal preference and beliefs of the authors in this collection, we choose not to include certain elements in our stories which we feel convicted to avoid or have found biblical grounds to leave out of our stories.
- For this reason, our stories do not include any explicit sexual content. We make any references to sexual intimacy in a serious, thoughtful, and gentle way. We avoid all crude language and slurs and do not depict graphic violence.
- Though we may depict sins and other dark situations in our characters’ lives in a realistic way, we work hard to strike a balance between honest portrayal and not remaining a place of darkness too long.